Songs cement memories of your wedding day for you — as the wedding couple — and your guests. Here are the greatest wedding songs of all time modern and classic.
How do you choose the best one? I have some tips for you.
This list incorporates all aspects of a wedding including the processional, recessional, grand entrance, first dance, parent dances, and party songs.
There are a lot of opportunities to use music at a wedding.
Top 10 Wedding Songs of All-time
1. “Can’t Help Falling In Love” by Elvis Presley
Released in 1961 – Elvis, the king of Rock and Roll, slowed the tempo way down for this sensual love ballad. In 2017, Haley Reinhart’s cover of the song became extremely popular in the wedding circuit.
Other popular covers include Kina Grannis was featured in the movie Crazy Rich Asians and a personal favorite by Music Travel Love.
2. “At Last” by Etta James
Released in 1960 – The soulful Etta James captures the emotion of finding your forever love in song. “At Last” has stood the test of time. It’s amazing to think that this song came from her very first album.
3. “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran
Released in 2017 – Although this song is the newest song on the list, I believe it will be played for years to come. Sheeran is a global superstar and this song has the perfect love story.
5. “Bless The Broken Road” by Rascal Flatts
Released in 1995 – Although the song was originally produced by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Rascal Flats turned it into a mega-wedding hit.
This song captures the gratitude for past relationships as the path to meeting one another through God.
6. “All Of Me” by John Legend
Released in 2013 – John Legend will go down as one of the greatest R&B artists of his time. “All of Me” highlights his talent with words. Love isn’t about perfection; it’s about the acceptance of one another’s defaults.
7. “I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing” by Aerosmith
Released in 1998 – Brought from the big screen to the hearts of wedding couples and wedding guests for a love that will last forever.
8. “What A Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong
Released in 1967 – This song, sung by Louis Armstrong, gives a great vibe of happiness and causes us all to smile — unless you say “Good Morning, Vietnam” then all you think of is war. Be aware of this connection if your parents served in the Vietnam Conflict.
9. “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri
Released in 2011 – A wedding song played during the wedding of Bella Swan and Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart) in the Twilight series.
A very popular song played during the wedding ceremony as a processional but also as a first dance song too. See other covers of this song too like The Piano Guys.
10. “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra
Released in 1964 – The song resurfaced as a wedding song in 1991. It then was featured in “My Best Friend’s Wedding” in 1997.
Since then, the song can be played for the father-daughter dance, money dance, or any song shining the spotlight on the wedding couple.
Stream Greatest Wedding Songs
My Wedding Songs is a reader-supported website. As an Amazon Associate, we earn revenue from qualifying purchases. Purchases made through links on this page may earn us a commission but also support the artists.
Listen to your favorite songs on streaming services!
Greatest Wedding Songs: The List
I have scoured the Earth reviewing DJ wedding playlists, music charts, and popular streaming songs to bring you our list of the greatest wedding songs of all time.
What are the greatest wedding songs of all time? I have your list. My disclaimer is that the list is not bound by any specific era or genre like Rock, R&B, Country, or Jazz.
Before you comment about your favorite song not being on our list of top all-time wedding songs, please know that I chose only 100 songs. Yes, there are fantastic wedding songs not on my list.
- Growing Old With You – Restless Road
- I’m Good (Blue) – David Guetta & Bebe Rexha
- If You Love Her – Forest Blakk feat. Meghan Trainor
- Joy Of My Life – Chris Stapleton
- Levitating – Dua Lipa
- Pepas – Farruko
- Thank God – Kane Brown & Katelyn Brown
- Until I Found You – Stephen Sanchez
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
- All Of Me – John Legend
- All Your’n – Tyler Childers
- Beautiful Crazy – Luke Combs
- Beyond – Leon Bridges
- Bloom – The Paper Kites
- Can’t Hold Us – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Can’t Stop The Feeling! – Justin Timberlake
- From The Ground Up – Dan + Shay
- Gasolina – Daddy Yankee
- Good As Hell – Lizzo
- I Get To Love You – Ruelle
- Never Stop – SafetySuit
- Nobody But You – Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran
- Shake It Off – Taylor Swift
- Shape Of You – Ed Sheeran
- Shut Up And Dance – Walk The Moon
- Speechless – Dan + Shay
- Turn Down for What – DJ Snake, Lil Jon
- Turning Page – Sleeping At Last
- Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson, Bruno Mars
- Vivir Mi Vida – Marc Anthony
- Wagon Wheel – Darius Rucker
- We Found Love – Rihanna, Calvin Harris
- You Are The Reason – Calum Scott, Leona Lewis
- Yours – Russell Dickerson
- Better Together – Jack Johnson
- Bless The Broken Road – Rascal Flatts
- Cha Cha Slide – Mr C The Slide Man
- Crazy in Love – Beyoncé, Jay Z
- Cupid Shuffle – Cupid
- Everything – Michael Bublé
- Hey Ya! – Outkast
- Hips Don’t Lie – Shakira feat. Wyclef Jean
- Hot In Herre – Nelly
- I Gotta Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
- I Hope You Dance – Lee Ann Womack
- In Da Club – 50 Cent
- Look At Me – Carrie Underwood
- Low – Flo Rida feat. T-Pain
- Make You Feel My Love – Adele
- Marry Me – Train
- Mr. Brightside – The Killers
- My Wish – Rascal Flatts
- Party In The U.S.A. – Miley Cyrus
- Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) – Beyonce
- Wobble – V.I.C.
- Yeah! – Usher, Ludacris, Lil’ Jon
- You Are The Best Thing – Ray Lamontagne
- Amazed – Lonestar
- Everybody (Backstreet’s Back) – Backstreet Boys
- Friends In Low Places – Garth Brooks
- From This Moment On – Shania Twain
- I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing – Aerosmith
- Hypnotize – The Notorious B.I.G.
- Jump Around – House Of Pain
- Let’s Get Married (ReMarqable Remix) – Jagged Edge feat. Run
- Over The Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
- There She Goes – The La’s
- This Is How We Do It – Montell Jordan
- Thunderstruck – AC/DC
- Wannabe – Spice Girls
- Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
- Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
- Girls Just Want To Have Fun – Cyndi Lauper
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) – Whitney Houston
- Livin’ On A Prayer – Bon Jovi
- Never Gonna Give You Up – Rick Astley
- You Make My Dreams – Daryl Hall & John Oates
- Boogie Shoes – KC and the Sunshine Band
- Dancing Queen – ABBA
- How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) – James Taylor
- Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
- Lovely Day – Bill Withers
- September – Earth, Wind & Fire
- Shout – Otis Day and the Knights
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours – Stevie Wonder
- Songbird – Fleetwood Mac
- Take Me Home, Country Roads – John Denver
- This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) – Natalie Cole
- We Are Family – Sister Sledge
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
- At Last – Etta James
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- Can’t Help Falling In Love – Elvis Presley
- My Girl – The Temptations
- My Way – Frank Sinatra
- Stand By Me – Ben E. King
- Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
- Twist and Shout – The Beatles
- What A Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong